With the price of residential property on a rise in Pune, buying a home can be a tiresome process. Sometimes, in such cases, one has to compromise with a small home. However, this does not mean one cannot have one’s dream home just because it is small. With careful planning, one can make small spaces efficient and at the same time beautiful too. While the best home interiors designer in Pune can help you in doing this, here are some simple tips which will help you to furnish your small home on your own.
- Go for multipurpose furniture to furnish your home. A sofa-cum-bed would be much more practical than getting a huge couch for your living room. You can use a showcase to store your cutlery as well as to separate the kitchen and the dining area.
- The kitchen is a place where you need lot of space to store your utensils and cooking essentials. Instead of cabinets, go for sliding drawers which you can pull out when you need something. This modular kitchen in Pune would save you a lot of space.
- Go for light colours for your walls, floorings and ceilings. Light colours have the ability to make the rooms look roomier. However, do add a little colour in your room to ensure that it does not look drab.
- Using mirrors is a great way of making your room look bigger as they reflect light. Add a mirror in one of the walls and watch the magic.
- You may have loved the lampshade that you saw online. However, if you have a small home, it would only make your home look cramped. Instead, go for wall-mounted shades. You would be surprised to see the variety of wall-mounted lamp shades available in the market today.
- The corners of rooms are often ignored. However, if you look carefully, you would be able to do several things in these spaces. You can add a small chair or a beanbag to make it a reading corner or place an indoor plant to decorate it.
Apart from the ideas provided above, there are several more which you can adapt to furnish your small home without making it look cramped. Take the help of designers who focus on residential interiors who can give you new and creative ideas.